Join our team which makes a difference in lives everyday! We offer competitive salaries, benefits and excellent retirement plans. We are accepting applications for the following positions.
REGISTERED NURSE. We are looking for a full time registered nurse to join our Donor Services team. Our “charge nurses” work with healthy people who are volunteering to contribute blood, platelets or plasma, either at our two Bakersfield Donor Centers or on mobile drives throughout Kern County. They are in charge of the day to day operation of the donor room floors or mobile buses. Flexible hours, including weekends, are required. A full benefits package is provided.
The Registered Nurse must be precise, accurate, and analytical to handle all facets of the work without letting details slip to meet Quality Assurance standards. We need team players who genuinely enjoy people and can encourage repeat donation.
The primary duties of the Registered Nurse are to:
- screen and evaluate the eligibility of potential donors;
- perform phlebotomy;
- care for any reactions that may occur during the donation procedure;
- assure a pleasant experience for donors;
- manage donor flow on blood drives and amongst staff;
- lead the team members at donor centers and on mobile blood drives.
- Current State of California license for registered nurse
- 0-2 years nursing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proficient in typing, with emphasis on data entry
- Venipuncture and phlebotomy experience
- Current State of California driver’s license
- Current CPR
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is preferred.
CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST – FULL TIME. We are seeking a service-oriented individual for immediate hire to join our Laboratory team as a full time CLS.
Successful candidates must have a current State of California Clinical Lab Scientist License and have excellent communication skills, good laboratory practices, and experience in quality control. Must have Bachelor’s degree in a biological, physical, chemical or clinical laboratory science. Blood Donor Center or Transfusion Service experience is preferred.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed above please be aware of the following:
- All positions require you submit this completed Employment Application
- You may be required to work flexible hours, including some weekends
- Candidates must have a clean driving record
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required; some positions require advanced degrees and certifications
- No phone inquiries accepted.
Please send resume and application with salary history to the attention of Human Resources Department. Mail to 11515 Bolthouse Dr., Bakersfield, CA 93311 or fax to 661-863-6884.
You can also e-mail your application to:firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at 5901 Truxtun Avenue or at our Bolthouse location.