Join our team which makes a difference in lives everyday! We offer competitive salaries, benefits and excellent retirement plans. We are accepting applications for full and part time Registered Nurses. One part time position serves Eastern Kern County and applicants from that area are urged to apply.
- Registered Nurse – Full Time and Part Time
Houchin Community Blood Bank is looking for a full time registered nurse to join our Donor Services team. Our “charge nurses” work with healthy people who are volunteering to contribute blood, platelets or plasma, either at our two Bakersfield Donor Centers or on mobile drives throughout Kern County. They are in charge of the day to day operation of the donor room floors or mobile buses. Flexible hours including weekends are required. A full benefits package is provided.
The Registered Nurse must be precise, accurate, and analytical to handle all facets of the work without letting details slip through the cracks to meet Quality Assurance standards. We need team players who genuinely enjoy people and can encourage repeat donation.
The primary duties of the Registered Nurse are:
- to screen and evaluate the eligibility of potential donors;
- to perform phlebotomy;
- to care for any reactions that may occur during the donation procedure;
- assuring a pleasant experience for donors;
- manage donor flow on blood drives and amongst staff;
- lead the team members on donor centers and blood drives.
- Current State of California license for registered nurse
- 0 – 2 years nursing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proficient in typing with emphasis on data entry
- Venipuncture and phlebotomy experience
- Current State of California driver’s license
- Current CPR
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is preferred.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed above please be aware of the following:
- All positions require you submit this completed Employment Application
- You may be required to work flexible hours, including some weekends
- Candidates must have a clean driving record
- Current California RN License is required
- Phone inquiries encouraged to 661-616-2492.
Please send resume and application with salary history to the attention of Human Resources Department. Mail to 11515 Bolthouse Dr., Bakersfield, CA 93311 or fax to 661-863-6884.
You can also e-mail your application to:firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at 5901 Truxtun Avenue or 11515 Bolthouse Drive in Bakersfield.