We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated individual with a bookkeeping/accounting background, who has the ability to problem-solve and work independently, as well as work with others. This position will work with our Director of Finance and CEO, as well as regular and numerous interactions with all departments of the blood bank.
- Accounts receivable – process daily charges for blood products, prepare invoices for all providers, process payments.
- Accounts payable – review all invoices and code for payment, prepare checks and mail, maintain accounts payable files.
- Process payroll – review and process time cards, input payroll data to payroll processor, manage paycheck distribution, maintain sick and paid time off records.
- Month end – process and close general ledger subsystems and prepare various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Other – Assist Director of Finance, CEO, and other department managers as needed.
- Valid California driver license
- Insured on an automobile policy and eligible for insurability under HCBB’s insurance provider
- High school diploma (college graduate preferred)
- Minimum 2 years bookkeeping/accounting experience, including accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Minimum 2 years payroll processing experience
- Strong attention to details
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision