Houchin Community Blood Bank is looking for a part time registered nurse to join our Donor Services team. Our “charge nurses” work with healthy people who are volunteering to contribute blood, platelets or plasma, either at our two Bakersfield Donor Centers or on mobile drives throughout Kern County. They are in charge of, and provide supervision, over the day-to-day operation of the donor room floors or mobile buses. Flexible hours including weekends are required. A full benefits package is provided.
The Registered Nurse must be precise, accurate, and analytical to handle all facets of the work without letting details slip through the cracks to meet Quality Assurance standards. We need team players who genuinely enjoy people, can encourage repeat donations, and can accomplish our mission through a respectful, constructive and collaborative style.
- screen and evaluate the eligibility of potential donors
- perform phlebotomy
- care for any reactions that may occur during the donation procedure
- assuring a pleasant experience for donors
- manage donor flow on blood drives and amongst staff
- supervise and lead team members on donor centers and blood drives
- Current State of California license for registered nurse
- 0 – 2 years nursing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proficient in typing with emphasis on data entry
- Venipuncture and phlebotomy experience
- Current State of California driver’s license
- Current CPR
- Excellent customer service skills